With the new year quickly approaching, it’s time to start thinking about where it will take you. To get a head start on 2019, we’ve compiled a list of five must-visit destinations all over the world. From beaches, to mountains, to culturally rich cities, some of these destinations just might surprise you in the upcoming year.
- Egypt – Not only does Egypt hold one of the great world wonders, the Great Pyramid, but it’s home to some of the greatest bazaars. The Khan bazaar in Cairo is one of the largest in the middle east and hosts a variety of copper, spices, silver, and perfumes. The architecture and history of the country is a lot to admire and will keep you busy for however long you decide to stay. Not the biggest history buffs? Well you can also hangout in the Red Sea or cruise down the Nile River. No matter what activity you choose to do in Egypt, your vacation will be a unique experience nonetheless.
- New Orleans – A hidden gem in our own backyard! The city is known for its beignets and sensory overload. While walking through the French Quarter, you can experience jazz, fresh baked goods, and Cajun spice all in one breath. New Orleans has some of the best seafood in the United States and there’s plenty to do between bourbon street and the bayou.
- Bali – For all the island lovers! It’s no secret Bali has been a tourist hot spot for a few years now but rightfully so. In addition to this destination being somewhat reasonably priced, it’s sunny almost all year round so you can travel whenever is best for you. Not to mention, the beaches are beautifully blue and there’s a plethora of temples to explore as well.
- Patagonia – Patagonia is a perfect place for nature lovers as well as adventurers. Some of the activities visitors can enjoy include: horseback riding, hiking through a national park, walking over the grey glacier, kayak around the fjords, and more. Patagonia’s natural landscape is one of the most peaceful yet exciting holiday spot for 2019.
- Mozambique – If you didn’t think Africa was home to some of the most beautiful beaches, think again! These beaches are home to humpback whales, dolphins, and nesting turtles along with world class snorkeling and diving. This vacation spot is home to safari and wildlife as well as a beautiful coastal scene making this destination truly unique.